I decided to go back and work a bit more on the hair-dryer application which I had created before Winter Break. The reason is that even though the mechanism in terms of coding worked, I feel that visually it wasn’t.
In the previous version, the hair-dryer blew away pieces of paper. This time I’m trying feathers, as they seem to look more interesting visually. This is the first artwork I have created for them.
Two new ones were added to the collection (please click to see the picture in bigger size).
Then I started thinking of mixing feathers with pieces of paper. I rather like the image below, but I think it’s not suitable for the app.
The following two can probably be used.
I also created this luggage tag:
I created the application for Venus, the way it was planned before: to be used while holding the smartphone in ‘portrait’ format. I began to wonder whether the portrait format feels limiting for and I decided to try creating a version in landscape format as well. This was much more difficult than it sounds, because I had to re-create the artwork and add to it, to cover this big length (which is 3 times the biggest dimension of the screen).
Please click on the vimeo link to view them under acceptable circumstances. WordPress does a terrible job with embedded video.